Thursday, January 06, 2005

Whoring myself out, or at least my little corner of the Internet

One of the subjects involved in this dispute asked the woman I'm dating to ask me to link to his band's Web site.

I'll do better. I'll plug 'em.

The band is called No Second Troy (don't ask me). I know the fuzzy drummer dude in the very back of the picture. Shame he's so out of focus, because, ladies, I'm secure enough in my incredible heterosexuality to tell you that he's the best looking dude in the band. I'd totally do him, if I weren't so incredibly heterosexual.

Anyway, they've got this kind of cool gig coming up: on Feb. 5 they're playing at some kind of Battle of the Bands thing where the winner gets to perform in the SXSW (South by Southwest, for the tragically unhip) festival in Austin, Texas. Well, maybe not exactly in it, but at least during it. Or something.

So if you're one of my two or so readers who live in the D.C. sprawlopolis instead of Greensboro, N.C., come out to Continental in Arlington (never been there; dunno if it sucks) and get drunk and yell louder than the other bans' fans. I can't say the Troys rock in, like, a Guns 'n Roses sense, but they're a good, fun band that plays music chicks like to dance to, and I dig that.

I'll be there whether I like it or not as the woman I'm dating is a wannabe groupie for the band. Wannabe, as in she's not a groupie in the Biblical sense of the term. To my knowledge. That would be so hot. Speaking of, hopefully I won't like any of their competition better than them, or all the goodwill and special attention that I'm expecting from certain parties thanks to this post is probably out the window.

No comments: