Saturday, January 22, 2005

On snow and football

For my money, there's not much better than watching football played in snow -- except playing football in snow.

Washington just got socked with a little winter storm, leaving us with a six to eight inch blanket that makes things a bit inconvenient but is otherwise a delight. I got up at 9 this morning -- a rare, rare happenstance for a Saturday -- and played some four-on-four football as the snow started to fall. Sure, I jammed my thumb a bit, and yeah, I'm going to pay for the experience in muscle pain for the next week. But there's no activity I can think of suitable for a family-friendly blog (meaning my family, who have apparently started reading this) that's more invigorating.

Mom says I'm crazy. She just wishes she wasn't living in sunny, 64-degree Florida.

No comments: