Thursday, January 06, 2005

Insolence

The woman I'm dating is better looking than me, smarter than me, funnier than me and makes more money than me. None of this will surprise anyone who knows me.

However, she's starting to think she knows football better than me. And this cannot -- I say cannot -- stand.

Either Friday night or Sunday afternoon, something like the following conversation occurred. There may have been someone else involved. The circumstances of the weekend make details a wee hazy.

Woman I'm Dating (who is a Steelers fan): And just think, if Pittsburg hadn't lost two other quarterbacks to injury, Roethligsberger would never have had a chance!
Me, or a Buddy: One quarterback.
WID: ??
M,oaB: Yeah, Pittsburg only lost one quarterback. Maddox.
WID: Are you sure?
Me, or us: Oh yeah. Now go back to looking pretty and fetching me or us drinks.

Days pass. Then this email exchange:

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 2:06 PM
To: Alex Wayne
Subject: a-ha!

see, i was right that roethlisberger got his starting job after TWO guys went down with injuries. boys never believe the girl when it comes to sports...

< http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04226/361183.stm

< http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7571788

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Wayne
Sent: Tue Jan 04 14:08:26 2005
To: xxxxx
Subject: RE: a-ha!

you've been spending all week looking for this, haven't you?

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxx
To: Alex Wayne
Sent: 1/4/2005 2:16 PM
Subject: RE: a-ha!

Well, not all week, but possibly all morning.

Isn't that adorable. Apropos of nothing, would it be rude to dump a girl by blog?


No comments: