Sunday, March 13, 2005

In that other sport...

For a football school, my alma mater didn't do too bad in the SEC tournament this year. David Lee, I'm sorry for all the times after those nine point, five rebound performances that I said you were a pussy. Matt Walsh, I'm sorry for all the times after those 5 for 15 nights that I called you inconsistent. Hell, you guys have been so hot the last month or so I might even pick you for the Final Four in my pool.* Elite Eight, anyway.

For what it's worth, my number one seeds:

Midwest: Illinois (duh)
South: Duke (best team in the ACC going into the tournament; won't make it to the FF)
East: Louisville (show up to play next time, Kentucky)
West: UNC (I'm not convinced Arizona is a great team; this one's for Sean May, who is a beast)

Florida deserves a three, I think. A two wouldn't be outrageous; anything worse than a four would be.

*Jedi mind shit for IRS readers: This isn't the gambling pool you're looking for. Move along.

Update: After predicting above that UNC would be in the FF, I foolishly let school spirit win the day when it came to picks for the pool. So of course Florida choked and is out early once again, while UNC is cruising to 20-point wins.

No comments: