Monday, February 28, 2005

The alexwayne.com Oscars review

Despite my best intentions, I found myself watching the Oscars Sunday. It's amazing what one will do to please a pretty girl.

Anyway, here's what I remember:

  • The worst movie of the year won almost everything it was nominated for. Surprise, surprise: the Academy screws up again.
  • Despite my best efforts at telepathy and telekinesis, Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek did not make out on stage. I don't mind telling you: I was speechless during this segment. I have no idea what award they were presenting or what they were saying. All I know is, it was hot. All of it.
  • There was some chick in the balcony during the presentation of that lifetime achievement award to that director dude who had a gi-normous rack, and who knew it. God bless her.
  • The Chris Rock-filling-in-for-Catherine-Zeta-Jones with Adam Sandler bit was pretty funny.
  • I had a choice, several weeks ago, between seeing "Hotel Rwanda" and the worst movie of the year. I chose poorly.

No comments: