Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm back, baby!

My friends and family keep telling me that I'm funny and they like my blog, and why don't I write more.

I tell them: Because I'm lazy.

I've decided that's not a good excuse. Even though I really have nothing interesting to say about anything -- at least, anything that I don't write about for a living -- I have made a July 18 resolution to blog more often.

So to kick off my new old habit, here are some bullet-pointed items about big events in my life. Everyone loves bullet points -- it's a rule of journalism.

  • My friend Tim has started a boxing blog. It's called "Seven Punch Combo," which sounds like something I could never pull off in Streetfighter II, and that's cool. The actual URL is not as cool. Anyhow, apparently I partly inspired the thing -- I told him once he oughta try writing about boxing, in addition to his day job (same as mine), because no one gives a shit about that sport anymore and he's a great writer. So far, he's meeting expectations.

  • Mike Vick has been indicted. This is huge. I have a fantasy football draft coming up on Aug. 19, and last year, Vick was, believe it or not, the third-highest-scoring quarterback in the fantasy world. (In the real world, with 13 interceptions and three lost fumbles, he pretty much sucked. But I don't care about that.) So now I am faced with a dilemma: Where to draft him? Pre-indictment, he's the fourth or fifth QB off the board. But now? I think I have to assume he'll be in court, if not imprisoned, by the end of the season. That's if he isn't suspended even sooner. (For what it's worth, I think the NFL has to suspend him. I buy the Humane Society's argument: What's the point of having a conduct policy if you're going to wait for the legal gears to turn?) And even if he plays, surely he can't be any good. I say he goes undrafted.

  • Also, Vick needs his ass kicked. Not that I'm gonna do it, no sir. I nominate Ray Lewis.

  • There are some changes around here. Apparently they've added some new features to blogger, and asked me to update my blog to take advantage of them, and so it turns out they don't have my old template anymore, which I'm pretty sure I liked better than this one. Alas.

2 comments:

Tim -- tstarks2@gmail.com said...

Ray Lewis doesn't fight a man. He gets... stabby.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back.

Hoggard