Monday, December 27, 2004

The point

Here goes.

I'm Alex Wayne, and this is my blog. If you're reading this, you're probably a friend. Or you've just been Googling me. And if you've been Googling me, I hope you're an ex-girlfriend. That would be awesome.

Onward: A lot of this is probably going to be nonsense like the above. Most days I'll try to be funny. Some days I might write about something serious, like tsunami. If I'm writing about politics, I'm sticking to the facts as I know them. That's because I work in Washington politics, and as has been well documented, blogging has gotten some dumb Washington political types in trouble.

Blogging has also gotten some dumb journalist types in trouble. So as I mention in my profile (above, right), I'm just going to stay away from the whole area of my employer and people I write about. Unfortunately, that rules out a lot of people and stuff. Fortunately, lots of people already pay good money to read what I publish elsewhere, so I don't need you people and your eyeballs.

About this site: I've had alexwayne.com registered through Dotster for about a year now. Never done anything with it. But a lot of my friends and former co-workers and sources are blogging (see here, here, here and here), sometimes to amusing and even touching effect, and I'm paying $15 a year to register my name, and so.

I went through a couple names for this site, some of them pretty cool -- or so I thought until I Googled them and discovered that I'm not as clever as I think I am. So alex wayne it is. But note that it's in the most hip lower case, and should be cited as such when I inevitably break news here, Drudge style.

Some things will probably change around here, always without notice and maybe even dramatically. Like the look, for starters. Don't know too much HTML, so went with Blogger and this "minima" template, but I'm already finding things I don't like. I hear there are some better blog publication tools out there, and when I have the time and inclination, I'll figure out how to use 'em. (That means suggestions are welcome.)

Cheers,

No comments: