Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Some ski pictures, to leaven my half-drunken rants about modern journalistic practices

I've decided that I love skiing. (To clarify: In snow, for my Floridian/southern fans out there.) I'm not very good at it, mind you. But it's a blast nonetheless.

This year, I made two trips to a place called Whitetail, in southern Pennsylvania, and one to a joint called Timberline, in nowhere West Virginia. Here are some pics:

Whitetail is really more of a hill than a mountain. Surprisingly steep, though.


From the top of the biggest "green" slope (=easy) at Whitetail, clearish.


Same slope, in fog.


Base of Timberline. It's almost a genuine mountain.


Top of Timberline, looking over the Canaan Valley.


Top of Whitetail, on the second trip.
I'm about to ski my first-ever Whitetail "blue" slope (=intermediate), behind me.
I did not fall.

No comments: