Sunday, January 29, 2006

Now playing on my computer

Battlestar Galactica. Another one of those shows I hope doesn't get cancelled because of my neglect.

I remember it, vaguely, as a super-cheesy, late '70s Star Trek/Star Wars knock-off. And I guess as the inspiration for the name of the best coffee in the world.

But this dude Ronald D. Moore took that old, crappy show as inspiration to create the best sci-fi series on television today -- by far -- and one of the best dramas. It's like the West Wing in space, with better writing and acting and the best CG effects I've seen on TV (better effects, in fact, than a lot of movies). Puts to shame shit like Andromeda and Stargate: SG-1 (yeah, I love MacGyver, too, but that show absolutely sucks).

Anyway, BG is recommended, if that's not obvious. I'm working my way through the first season, courtesy of iTunes...

No comments: