Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ever want to see me half-naked?

Of course you have. Behold the bronzed splendor that is me in a bathing suit. (Click on pics for bigger versions.)

Archaeology is in the blood.
(Our house is behind me.)

I mentioned that I was at the beach a couple weeks ago. Duck, N.C. Looks a lot nicer than the last time I was there. Still pretty much suburbia, though ... with sand and ocean.

And sand means ... sand castle time.

I am a drip castle architect.


Castle Wayne, in its monumental glory.
(Our house is to the right.)


Mostly, we did a lot of this:

Good Christ I wish I didn't have to work for a living.
(From left: Jen (obscured), Dan's back, Mark B., Kristin, Kimberly, Elisa, Fiona, Mark Y.)

Here's down the beach in the other direction:

Hurricane bait.

On the way home, we stopped here:

Kimberly on the Wright brothers monument, Kill Devil Hills.

And at a farmer's market / tourist trap:

I'd have made a GREAT redneck.

And now we're back here:

Not all of D.C. is terrible.

3 comments:

Tim -- tstarks2@gmail.com said...

I never have, actually. But by the time I saw you half-naked, it was too late. You could've moved that one further down the page, you know.

alex said...

C'mon, Tim ... don't play coy with me.

Anonymous said...

One correction for your post.
"I'd have made a GREAT redneck is in the wrong tense."
It should read, "I make a Great redneck."
As a reporter, you of all people, should appreciate the correct tense.
:-) looks like you had fun though.
Rock on