Saturday, April 16, 2005

The usual memories

So I'm totally lazy and haven't posted jack or shit lately -- haven't even visited the site in quite a while -- but I'm idly checking comments today, and who the hell should show up but Will Morgan.

I can't tell you how huge this is.

Someday I'll scan all my old college photos into the computer and post an illustrative one here. The story of Will Morgan is best told visually. Mostly because I can't remember much of it. Something about a malt liquor party ... Will passed out on the lawn outside my apartment ... a legendary night of drinking shots of tequila and hot sauce that I only heard about ... none of us ever getting any chicks ... some disco parties ... Sugar Bowl, '97 ... so hazy.

And like that -- puff! -- he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that drunks tell their kids at night. Rat on your pop, and Will Morgan will get you.

No comments: